The choice in the present context considers only the religious aspects of Islam and Christianity. As we will learn in the coming weeks there is so much more to Islam than the religious aspect. The same applies to Christianity. The religious aspect of Christianity centers on the deity and incarnation of Christ, but the Bible reveals that in the future Christ will rule the nations with a rod of iron. He will be lawmaker, judge, and king.
Because of the vast theological and doctrinal differences between the religious aspects of Islam and Christianity they are profoundly irreconcilable. Thus an individual seeking a religion would need to adopt one or the other.
Each religion has the right to believe whatever they choose. For example Muslims have a right to believe:
• The Bible has been corrupted by Christians and Jews and is no longer reliable. Therefore, God revealed His revised word to Mohammed via the angel Gabriel 600 years after the Bible was completed.
• Jesus was not the Son of God, i.e. deity, but was rather one of the prophets and was superseded by the greater prophet Mohammed.
• Jesus was not crucified, and therefore could not have been buried and resurrected.
• Paradise is available only to Muslims and is earned by good performance during one’s lifetime.
Christians, on the other hand, have the right and do believe:
• The scriptures are as pure and holy as when they were written under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit.
• Jesus was indeed a great prophet, but is also deity as the second person of the Holy Trinity, i.e. the only begotten Son of God the Father.
• Jesus was crucified for the sins of all mankind, was buried and resurrected and now sits at the right hand of the Father.
• Heaven is available to people of any race, ethnicity, etc. who accept the free gift of salvation based on the sacrificial death of Christ instead of individuals having to pay for their own sin debt.
The first amendment to the constitution provides for Muslims to have the right to practice their religion in more than 3000 mosques in the United States. They have the right to explain their religion to others with the hopes of converting them to Islam. But when others reject their religion Muslims do not have the right to force conversion by intimidation or jihad.
Interestingly, while Muslims have the right to practice their religion freely in America, Christians do not have that same right to practice their religion freely in Muslim countries such as Saudi Arabia for example. In fact due to excessive political correctness in America, the perception is growing that Muslims have more religious freedom in America than do Christians.
Based on that same first amendment Christians have a similar right as Muslims to tell others about Christianity but when their message is rejected Christians are to shake the dust off their feet and move on. And as Muslims have the right to reject the Bible and Christianity; Christians have the right to reject any and all parts of any religion that contradicts Biblical teachings without being labeled a blasphemer or a bigot. And we need to convince the present administration that it isn’t a hate crime to resist and reject other religions that defame Christianity.
It is becoming increasingly more difficult for Christians in America to practice their religion when the president, who refers to himself as Barack Hussein Obama when addressing Muslim audiences, states that “America is no longer a Christian nation” but is in fact “one of the largest Muslim countries in the world.” Fortunately in spite of such rhetoric approximately 75% of Americans refute his claims.
Christians must be as zealous about Christianity as Muslims are about their religion, holding fast to Jesus’ teachings.
“And Jesus answered and said to them: ‘Take heed that no one deceives you…Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many’”. Matthew 24:4, 11
“…I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.” Revelation 22:13
“For I testify to everyone who hears the words…of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book; and if anyone takes away from the words of the book…God shall take away his part from the Book of Life…” Revelation 22:18-19
The Bible is so clear on this subject that detailed justification shouldn’t even be necessary.
This is the last installment in the series about the religion of Islam. Next week we’ll begin discussion on the total ideology of Islam, their objectives, strategy, and tactics to achieve their objectives in the United States.
For excellent information, go to ‘FaithFreedom.Org’ and also Google the writings of Syed Kamran Mirza.
Comments welcome on http://bibleandcurrentevents.blogspot.com